It’s easy to get overwhelmed with information on how to add value to your home. How do you know what will actually make a difference? If you’ve been in your home for a while, you may overlook things that need attention.
Home inspections can cost around $250-$375 on average in 2017. While it helps to have a second pair of eyes, it may not be worth the money!
There are quite a few small house projects that you can do yourself to add to the value of a home!
DIY House Projects to Add Value
Everyone wants to improve their home for more value before selling.
Yet, what if you don’t have the time or money to add a deck or replace your roof?
When you’re trying to sell a house quickly, you’re pressed for time and money. Both can be stressful to manage. Fortunately, there are smaller additions that can make a home’s value rise.
Here’s some Do It Yourself (DIY) house projects that you can quickly do to your home to add value to it for selling.
The essential to any living space. Paint can make a huge difference in the value of your home!
A fresh coat of paint to the interior and exterior can affect the value of your home. It can affect a buyer’s interest, especially depending on the color.
It’s safe to say, sticking to a neutral color in your home is safe and a great house project that adds value!
Cleanliness and Clutter
Buyers aren’t going to want a dirty house! To help add some value to your home, there are a few house projects you can start to help organize.
- Clutter – Get rid of unnecessary clutter! If your garage is full for example, now is the time to clean it out.
- Interior cleanliness – Like the front lawn, the interior of your house has a huge impression on buyers. A huge DIY house project you can do yourself is to simply clean from top to bottom.
- Remodel – Simply rearrange the furniture in your home, or get rid of some! A home that looks inviting will entice buyers and raise the value.
While it may not be much, you can do yourself and the environment a favor by making your home energy-efficient.
- Lighting – LED lighting uses 80 percent less energy than regular bulbs.
- Appliances – Only run things when they are full, and consider trading older appliances for new ones.
- Cooling – Add a programmable thermostat to help save money, especially in the summer!
Saving energy can be a great way to add value to your home, and buyers will appreciate a home that is “green!”
Yes, we’re asking that you pull weeds.
The first thing you see when you pull up to a home is the lawn/landscape. There are quite a few DIY house projects you can complete in the front and backyard!
- Lawn care – An overgrown lawn with shrubbery and weeds can become unappealing to you and potential buyers! You don’t even have to hire someone!
- Plants – Adding various plants and shrubs around your home can make it look more inviting, and will add curb appeal.
- Bugs – Make sure you’re aware of what lives in your yard! It will help in the long run to keep pests away from your home.
How We Can Help
At BiggerEquity, we can buy your house for cash with no agents, no fees, and we actually share the profit!
Of course, we’d love to show you how it works.
If you’re interested in selling your house fast in South Florida, contact us today!
Check out our blog for inside tips and tricks to selling your house fast.