Do you need to sell your home quickly? Does it all feel frightening and overwhelming? Does this sound like you?
“It’s finally happened. The worst thing possible. I need to sell my home, now. But there’s so much to do, I don’t know where to begin. It feels so overwhelming that I feel stuck.”
“I know I want to make the most money as possible when I sell my home, so I wonder, how can I increase my home’s value?”
Having to sell your home quickly, no matter what the circumstances, is stressful. But it doesn’t need to be a bad experience and you don’t need to go through it alone.
Here’s what you need to know.
I Need to Sell My Home, How Do I Increase its Value?
The worst part about selling a home is that most people aren’t real estate experts. You’re not supposed to be, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared.
Understanding what steps to take will help make sure you get the most value and experience the least amount of stress possible.
Luckily, there are a lot of things you can do to your home to ensure a quick sale with maximum profits.
Here are our favorites:
Here’s why decluttering is probably the smartest step you can take to help you sell your home quickly:
- Inventory: By going through everything, you know what you own.
- Purging: Letting go of old, rotten, broken, discarded, moldy, torn or otherwise unusable items creates a new space in your physical world and in your emotional world.
- Helps You Start Packing: If you need to move quickly, then start packing as soon as possible. Pack personal items like photographs, off-season clothing, and memorabilia you don’t need or use every day.
A fresh coat of paint always makes things look brighter. However, that doesn’t mean you should choose bright colors to paint your home with. You want to offer prospective buyers a clean slate so remember to:
- Touch up and paint all trim
- Paint all ceilings and walls that need it
- Choose a neutral or white color for all rooms
- Make sure the colors match the rest of the decor
Sprucing up the outside of your home is just as vital as the inside. After all, the outside is the first impression buyers will have of your home.
So make sure it looks good. Here’s how:
- Remove all trash and clutter
- Place a few inexpensive, but attractive shrubs or plants around the yard
- Remove toys and outdoor furniture
Fix Doors and Windows
Cracked windows can be a sign of further damage to the house. They can also be a safety concern. That’s not the impression you want to leave buyers with.
So fix or replace old windows and doors.
If nothing else, you’ll save money on heating and cooling bills while you wait to sell your home.
One incredibly cheap but effective way to sell a home quickly is to simply change out your fixtures.
New fixtures can provide every room with an updated look, such as:
- Kitchen – Try updating your cabinet hardware
- Ceilings – Installing new and updated ceiling fixtures can give an old home a new feel
- Bathroom – New bathroom lights, a new faucet, showerhead, and new hardware for the cabinets will improve the look of any bathroom
So the next time you say, “I need to sell my home” remember that it doesn’t have to be hard or scary. Especially when you have the right support. Contact us and we’ll guide you through every step of your sale.